Verifying that an employee is up to the job is critical. Our team of skilled physicians examine each applicant to verify they are capable of performing their job tasks in the best of health.
Pre-Placement Examinations help meet essential physical requirements
Akeso Clinics offer a full spectrum of pre-employment physical exams to ensure that your prospective employee can safely perform the essential duties of the job.
The exam begins with a thorough review of the medical and occupational history that includes any previous illnesses and injuries. Any positive responses are questioned in detail by our providers and if a medical problem is determined to be active, the employee is asked to be cleared by their private physician and return with a clearance. Any history of work injuries or illnesses are also investigated and if there was a claim, those medical records are requested, reviewed and a determination of medical fitness to perform the job is reported back to the employer.
The benefits of performing pre-employment physicals include:
- Assessing an employee’s ability to perform the job that he/she is being hired to do
- Reducing work related injuries and associated medical costs that might be incurred if the person was not qualified for the job
- Reducing employee turnover
- Establishing the employee’s baseline
- Prevent pre-existing claims that might have otherwise been missed.
- Reducing lost time due to illness and injury
In addition to Pre-Employment Physicals, Akeso offers the following examinations:
- DOT Physicals
- Fitness for Duty Physicals
- Return to Work Physicals